Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tão Raro

Instead of reading Stedman's 'Surinam' (1796) I read two other books during my holiday. 

For the 41th time - I guess - I read Jean Grenier's 'Islands' (1933). Can't remember why I wanted to read it one more time. All I know is that I suddenly was in the middle of this book again and all I could do was finish reading it. This is the only book I have read more than four times. For me this book is like breathing. One quote from this book: "Passion requires a fortress. Without secrets, hidden behind walls, there is and will be no beauty and happiness." 

Life is so rare. Tão raro. I tell you 'I love you' and that I am 'yours'. With words. With words that's the highest, the most perfect we can say. That is the best compliment I can give to you: me.

P.S. The second book I read is Tom Wolfe's 'The Right Stuff' (1979). I have not finished it as yet. I wrote about it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment