Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Democray. It's a mono-theistic religion. History proves in the end it's: or belief in "our" God or extinct & die.

Let me first say this. I’m always fascinated on religion, on what the Book or books say, how texts are interpretated etcetera. Always fascinated and full of wonder! They are my others in whose mirror I look at myself and who tell me who I am.

A few weeks ago I filled in a test on ‘What’s your religion?’ My testresult: I’m an “atheist”. The result doesn’t surprise me but ... it’s only part of my opinion. I don’t believe in a jewish JWH, a christian God, or a moslim Allah. For me no mono-theistic religion! Why? Because it can’t explain the pluriformity of the human experience concerning God, gods and religion in general. For me religion in general is an invention of the species ‘homo sapiens’. One way or another a lot (most?) human beings need some external “being” to give their lives direction and meaning.

What do I believe? There is no God. There is no external “being” that created the world, that gave humanity “devine laws”. We are made out of tiny little elements when we are born and collapse piece by piece when we die. That’s all. We survive as species by reproduction: kids who become parents themselves etcetera. For me there’s no reason why we do need God or gods. It’s a dream. It’s an illusion. It's a human made construction.

What do I believe? I believe in the species ‘homo sapiens’. We do whatever we do -it’s just as simple as that- trying to survive as individual, as family, as group and as species. For me Democracy is another mono-theistic religion. We invented it! There is no ‘democratic inborn faculty’ in us. Democray is groupthinking and groupacting. Mono-theistic religions are dangerous because it's followers hate non-believers, non human at all or others. At first it always starts the smooth way, the non-believers are "invited" to step into their "perfect way of life" too. When there is too much hesitation slowly more group pressure. And in the end? History proves in the end it's: or belief in "our" God or extinct & die.

2 comments:

  1. Creo que la especie humana en general necesita creer que alguien superior se encarga de la creacion, resolucion de problemas etc. tambien es un chivo expiatorio al momento de culpar a alguien por los acontecimientos adbersos.
    Creo en las personas , individuos, cada uno de ellos con sus virtudes y defectos asi los amo tambien.
    Creo en las convicciones de cada uno por alcanzar las metas propuestas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jean, in all respect of your well-founded and well laid-out, and as always well-written argument, which as always is a pleasure to read: i expect more of hamo sapiens sapiens than you overall describe possible -- i.e., i desire it, and i expect this progress to happen... i expect it of homo sapiens sapiens. otherwise, he will perish.

    ReplyDelete